Friday, December 28, 2012

My Happy Dance 2.0


Okay, here it goes. I’ve been poked and prodded, urged and coerced. I’ve been asked, ahem, repeatedly, if I’ll be keeping a written and very public online diary of the trials and tribulations of moving out of my parents’ house. The questions were as follows:

“SO, you’re starting a blog right?” “I’ll get to follow along with you as you venture into the uncharted territory of adulthood?” And my personal favorite, so are you gonna upload all of your furniture to the blog and tell people where to get fabulous finds for cheap? Please…I’m a 23 year old working girl, not Marie Claire.

But, their wish is my commandment, so I’ve decided to start a Blog. And I’ll start you off with a quote:

“Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward. “

Thanks Morrie Schwartz.

I’m not going to preach to you and hold up my metaphorical shining rock and dance around claiming to have found the meaning of life, but there is a profound peacefulness in knowing who you are and not being afraid to act accordingly.

So, as I said: here it goes. Welcome to the life and times of another 23 year old just trying to make her mark.

1 comment: