Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Underpaid, Overperplexed

If you so kindly would, fast forward to today and you will find me knee deep in a brand spankin new semester. The second half of college has begun, and the first half of the week is almost over. So I guess you can say I'm at the beginning of the end. But please, I'm nostalgic not morose.

Classes are alright, yawn...but one class in particular is the absolute highlight of my week. And if I were to choose a highlighter color for this one, it would have to be pink. Yellow is too generic and no one can really read under green highlighter anyways. So back to the pink. Magazine management by Dr. Hume is the first class I've ever been to where I just feel like what I'm learning will actually be of use in the future. I'm so sick of memorizing acute and obtuse angles, shapes of clouds and who led the confederate army .. while mathmaticians, meterologists and history buffs are most likely rolling around in their graves, I'm just done learning facts I'll never use again.

Which brings me to Mag Management. Having a dream to launch my own magazine one day, I can't help but feel the overwhelming sense of "ahh" that I do when I walk into that room every morning. I guess it's like a sorority girl who finds her perfect sorority after a long hellish week of rush, but I won't go there...really I won't.

As a budding magazine entrepeneur, I am posed with the challenge of creating my own magazine. I suppose I'll start a magazine highlighting my second greatest passion, travel and relate to current affairs (aka the economy) to end with a magazine designed for the american traveler on a budget...but that's about as far as I have gotten.

I can't come up with a name, people. Good names are like gold on the newsstands and by god I want to be there with my pan ready. "HELP!"

No comments:

Post a Comment