Wednesday, May 12, 2010

When the old look to the wise

My sissy turned 18 today. She entered the big bad world of tattoos, cigarettes, lotto tickets (I wish I may I wish I might) and fake IDs. Yeah you read that correctly. Receiving ones very own fake identification card that falsely asserts the legality of alcohol has become as commonplace as the ability for an 18-year-old boy to buy his first issue of Playboy.

I hate that I had to drop that bomb on you parents, but if your child falls between the promiscuous ages of 18 to 20yearsand11months, then I think it’s safe to say they have illegally purchased this generation’s liquid courage.

Do I think that it’s morally or ethically right, absolutely not. Do I think you need to drink to have fun? Absolutely not. Did I get my own damn fake at 18? Heck yeah I did, no one wants to sit at home with mom and pops while precollege teens are busy downing mike’s hard lemonades in their parents laundry rooms. I can smell trouble like a mix of Tide and Coors light.

Sister, be smart, make good choices, only buy lotto tickets when you feel lucky, and please, if you want to buy alcohol come to your 20-year-old sister. I look much closer to actually being 21 than you do, let’s use our heads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment