Sunday, March 7, 2010

And That's a Wrap

People often laud me for my inherent ability to end my blogs with a bang. They say that I have a knack for ending these spritely entries on a short but witty note. I just like to think of myself as any other performer (with less of an entourage, much to my dismay).

Songs aren’t over till the fat lady sings, singers always end with an encore, and the credits don’t run until the good guy wins, which he always does. Our culture just loves good endings. No matter the hell we put ourselves through – whether by reading an awful book, watching a sappy movie, or sitting through the kindergarten version of Joseph and the Technicolor dreamcoat (sorry, sis) we forget the hours upon hours of misery (again, sorry sis) if things end perfectly. Ya know that old saying alls well that ends well?

Who ever made that up could just sense the value of a great close. Don’t worry, im not going anywhere, I just wanted to relay the fact that I am highly aware that I can say whatever I want for 2-3 paragraphs and as long as I provide a laugh at the end then my day is done.

Breaking up with your boyfriend over email doesn’t have to be hard! Just end the rant with full permission to take advantage of the drink specials at the local strip bar and the boy will love ya forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment