Monday, March 1, 2010

Breaking the Silence

As self-appointed Queen Chatter Bug of my generation, I never really understood the value in silence. All that silence is golden stuff was just another way of saying “I’m quiet cause I’m boring,” AKA it was foreign to me. I had so many thoughts constantly running through my brain that I was dying to share with the world. And share I did.

Whenever I found myself sitting in that gnawing, annoying thing that is the quiet I eagerly broke it because it was just plain uncomfortable. Until recently that is. I’m not saying I’m mute-bound or anything, oh god no, but I am saying that I have recently discovered there can be just as much value in what is said as in what isn’t. You can really read a person who doesn’t try to awkwardly fill the voids with mindless babble, but rather chooses their words with a bit more care.

Silence helps you enjoy the movies. With silence you can hear the bird song and with silence comes opportunity for thought and reflection.

So for my closing sentence, __________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment