Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Frosty the Beach Bum

Let it snow, let it snow, let it – what? Are we actually singing this is in March? As young hopefuls, we eagerly refreshed our Gmail inbox every five minutes in hopes of those crucial little words, “school is canceled.” When the email finally arrived at 1:30pm, I think I speak for all of us when I say there was a wave of relief felt throughout the campus. It’s now 2:55 and I’m still in shock.

Snow – that white little flurry stuff that Northeasterners hardly notice but drives those living South of Mason-Dixon to our fireplaces and hot chocolate packets. We have a knack for rushing to shut down our lives when we see 32 degrees. Hey, I aint complaining though.

The only thing that I can think about is that Spring Break is four short days away and unless Mother Nature makes a sharp 180 degree turn like my mom sometimes does while driving, I think we’re all fixing to trade in our sunscreen for building bikini-clad snowmen.

Nevertheless, the weather in Athens never ceases to confuse me and the winter wonderland persists. Christmas in July anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment