Friday, March 26, 2010

Wishin', and hopin', and thinkin', and prayin'

Birthday candles, Dandelions and Wishbones …. What could these 3 things possibly have in common? Nothing comes to mind? Okay, you’re normal.

If you thought “things I can wish on!” then you’re my target audience. When you look around at our world today, one can wish upon so many things. Other than the above, you have the ever-mysterious shooting stars and the in synch clock. How many times have your friends screamed, “11:11! Make a wish!” Yeah, we’ve all been there frantically thinking of something before the time runs out. Okay – so I may have wished that I could come up with a better wish next time... once or twice.

Regardless, I feel as if every time I turn around someone is urging me to set goals, dream big and reach for the impossible. It’s great in theory, but how many of us turn those once all-important wishes into actions?

I just think that beyond that split-second birthday candle blowout and those shooting stars, we should carry our wishes with us wherever we go and continually strive towards there attainment. The reason we have given ourselves so many times to create wishes is that I think we’re secretly afraid to wish crazy impossible dreams for no reason.

It can’t be that every wish I ever made on my candles came true – or else I would have about 15 ponies sitting in my backyard. There goes that myth (sorry to any and all of my 5-year-old readers.)

So think about it … stop waiting for 5:55am and pm and start creating those wishes on 5:54 and 5:56. They have just as much chance of coming true!

Gotta Go, my friend found a wishbone and there’s a guy I have my eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment