Monday, April 5, 2010

And then God created two days of rest

And another one bites the dust.

I’m here to personally apologize to every single Saturday birthday child out there (all futures included). No more birthday checks from grandma on the day of.

Wow, what a shame. We just received news that the U.S. Post Office will be cutting Saturday mail delivery. Are you freaking kidding me?? Jumping the gun now are we?

Yeah, yeah, I understand the whole Sunday is religious and we’re in church so therefore we cant be bothered with the lowly mail service – but by the U.S. removing the ability to receive birthday money (I cant really think of what else I get..stay tuned) I think this is the beginning of the end.

A friend recently commented that she sees the future of mail days as the equivalent of trash Tuesdays. Could be? But as of now I am eager to see where else the recession will rear its ugly head.

Please wait until next year Uncle Sam, my birthday this year falls on, of course, a Saturday. Why else would I complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment