Saturday, April 10, 2010

Road Block; Danger Ahead

I’m gonna talk about writers block. The block. Of writers.

When many regular people decide they want to become doctors/lawyers/artists – turned-authors, they think that the job of writing is easy. Stick to what you know, talk about your life, keep the thoughts churning…I’ve heard it all – and continue to question the notion of writer’s block.

If so many people are writing about surefire concepts, then how can they ever run out of things to say? Perhaps it’s only the author celebs i.e. Nicholas Sparks and J.K. Rowling that wake up to blank thoughts and an even blanker Word Document. Say hello to my current situation.

I’ve already established that I don’t have a specific category that I write about, just whatever comes into my head at the time, but I think I’m suffering from my first case of Writer’s Block. Unfortunately, there is no itching, sneezing, rash, headache (or possible death) to provide symptoms of the illness, but boy if you’ve had it before you know what it’s like.

I just can’t think of the next great thing! How do you do it Steve Jobs?

So for now, I wrote about the blockage itself – and I should probably warn you, the next entry may be from Writers Block Anonymous, the club I’m thinking of creating…new hobby anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment