Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Road Less Traveled

I often think a little too far into the future. Okay, I always think too far into the future. It’s something I come by naturally, as both of my parents are most definitely the planning type.

Many people try to claim that they, too, think in advance – but I’m not sure if they catch my drift. I’m not wondering what’s for dinner tomorrow – or even next week. I often find myself looking at jobs online in cities such as Seattle or Atlanta, wondering if I could actually be daring enough to start anew after graduation.

I obviously haven’t committed myself to a new life after school because for all I know I could find a too-good-to-pass-up opportunity right back at home (hey mom and dad I’m going out to the bars). Could be an interesting mix up.

Leaving behind friends and family to try something different will be a struggle at first, but if the job is good and the city has life, I don’t think I’m one to complain.

Although, I don’t think you’ll find me in a Boondockville, USA…because then you’ll know I’ll be planning my first one-way ticket out. Come get me mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment