Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's a Disaster, Naturally

Power Outages. I’m gonna attempt to write an entire blog about power outages.

They aren’t cool, in, hip, or “groovy”, but theyre something we Americans – yes, every-single-american have experienced at least once in our lives. If I attempted to write about some form of natural disaster and the ways in which I coped to whether the storm I honestly couldn’t come up with one traumatizing experience. How do I know? Because I tried. And failed.

The closest I ever got to a real-life close up storm was the one serious tornado threat (and I emphasize the word threat) to my neighborhood. Sister and I sat huddled in the bathtub with some JIF and Saltines, ready to face whatever green monster was spiraling its way south of Oklahoma. Then the power went out.

The power’s out! We screamed. Its soooo gonna be a tornado. No lights, no computer, no clocks and gasp! No tv. I think power outages trump every single natural disaster out there.

After all, power is what were all after right? Or is that the other kind..

No comments:

Post a Comment